Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Road Rage

Ren shared his "dreams" of having/buying a car, Jecy said she'll be a "reckless driver" and Janjan is, I think, a very calm (and collected, Hahah) driver.

I think, in the future, it's better for me to have a driver because I foresee myself being a temperamental driver, in the sense that, if you cut me, or nearly hit me, I will run after you, and kill you. Haha. Not physically, siguro. Pero, harm will definitely be done. (Jecy thinks she'll be the done who'd do the car-cutting.)

Just yesterday, as Ken and I were trying to buy time by going to UPD and be back at UPM for our 5:30pm class, I experienced my first ever road accident. No, I wasn't driving. And neither was she.

We were in this Guardian Angel bus, JM and Doms and Ate Josh were very fond of, when it all happened. The driver was feeling like Schumacher or Tyson Sy or maybe Gaby Dela Merced, and kept swishing through traffic (in other words, cars) and before he, and we, knew it, he struck a harmless taxi driver who was getting ready to stop because of the red light, which the GA driver was trying to beat. (Whew, long sentence.)

I don't want to recount the incident that followed because it's too stressful. :)

Not a guardian angel after all.

Today, traveling the same route but longer (I was going to Sandiganbayan), I rode an fx, to sort of erase the bad luck I seem to have with GA buses. But again, it happened.

But this time, the driver of the maroon (Go, UP!) FX I was in, was the "victim". There was this Mitsubishi Adventure who kept cutting and cutting, and cutting. I thought both drivers were going to race their way (to wherever) but cooler heads prevailed (meaning our driver) and nothing violent or stressful happened.

All this makes me wonder, do I want a car (like Ren)? Do I want to be a driver (like Janjan or Jecy)? Do I want to be part of the stressful environment I call: the Metro Manila driving "scene"? Hmm.

No comments: