Friday, December 18, 2009

It's now about how long it is; it's how you use it.

I have said time and again that if I quote things, it only means I (to say the least) like them. Lines from movies, songs, books, etc. So here's the latest batch of words to live by. Or at least, listen to.

"If you want to find something, you have to stop looking." -Dr. Temperance Brennan, Bones

"Nothing in this world worth having comes easy." -Dr. Kelso, Scrubs

"I'm trying to get there, Turk, I'm just not there yet." -Carla, Scrubs

"Don't come here editing my life just 'cause you're not happy with yours." -Kenny, Last Kiss

"There's no Morocco. There's never been a Morocco." -William Miller, Almost Famous

"Let's get scared together." -Carl Allen, Yes Man

"He's like Gandhi, only better: He likes puppets." -Dwayne the Bartender, Forgetting Sarah Marshall

"Friends are like glasses. They make you look smart but get scratched and then bore you. Lucky for me, I got Sophie." -Julien, Jeux d'enfants

"Perversion is a matter of taste, like Chinese food. You like it or don't." (paraphrased from Jeux d'enfants)

So it's safe to say I like the movies (and/or the actors) where these lines came from. As with the movie, I especially like the line from Almost Famous because it shows the "secret" aka unique character/essence of the movie. You won't understand what the line means unless you've watched the movie--or Googled it. Haha

More than the movie's story, I like it's ending because it sort of gives you, us, the viewers, the chances to think of an ending of our own. Maybe, just maybe, (and I say this because I'm pro-William-and-Penny) William called Penny, just like what Russell suggested, and did what they failed to do the entire movie. Talk. Haha

Anyway, do you agree with my new list? Good. No? Go make your own list, and get back to me. I may like some of them.


No comments: