Friday, December 2, 2011

An Open Letter to Rich Alvarez

Dear Rich,

Hi there!

I'm Jo Ann Madarang, a twenty-two year old, and one of your biggest fans--figuratively and literally speaking. hahaha If you remember, I messaged you on Facebook a few months ago, and you replied.

Yes, I'm so nice. Haha.

Forgive me if I have to write again, and, this time, through a letter which is open for the whole world to see.

As a young grade six kid watching college basketball on Studio 23, I immediately developed a crush on you. Yes, you were my crush the moment I knew what crushes are. I liked you because you were a shy, unassuming, tall guy who plays tremendously good basketball. You never bragged about a shot nor trashed-talked with another player. You let Enrico did the trash-talking back in Ateneo, hehe. I loved how you simply smiled to acknowledge a good play.

To put it simply, at a very young age I developed an image of my ideal man, and it was you.

Last November 28, you got married to a stunning woman. Yes I do feel a pang of jealousy as you and Kyla lovingly stare into each other's eyes but this pang does not last long enough for me to be bitter. Instead, I am touched. I am touched as your and Kyla's love story got stronger just as many basketball player-TV celebrities' love stories and marriages crumbled. And because I think it is wrong ogle a married man, I changed my sidebar--from photos of Rich hugging a dog and a ball to his wedding photo.

Honestly, I got goosebumps just watching your wedding video--one of the best, most heart-warming wedding videos I've seen so far (as equally nice as Oyo Sotto and Tin Hermosa's). As my heart silently grieve for the unavailability of my ideal man, my eyes water at the sight of your amazing wedding photos.

photo from Nice Photography

Rich, thank you for being the person I look up to and idolize not only as my ideal man but also as an athlete. Your struggle, from your career and ACL injury to winning two Championships with the Talk N' Text Tropang Texters, sets a good example to athletes from all kinds of sports. Strive, play and pray hard and it will come.


Love, your biggest fan since Grade Six (hehe),
Jo Ann



5 comments:

mariajanica said...

hello Jo Ann! ngayon lang ako magcocomment ever sa blog mo ( I think)

pero ang masasabi ko lang, pwede pang agawin yan! HAHAHAHA JOKE.

Jo Ann said...

Wow, I feel honored nag-comment na si Madame Malcolm Fabness sa blog ko! Hahaha

Racing Raisins said...

OMG! I love you Franky Franks!!! :-)

Racing Raisins said...

OMG! I love you Franky Franks!!! :-)

Jo Ann said...

Love you too, Pau! Haha cheesy