Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ned the Piemaker is My New Hero

Reasons Why Ned is My Hero

1. Ned can make delicious pies. I can't bake...anything.

2. He can wake dead people with a touch (but make them dead again the 2nd touch). Obviously, I can't.

3. He inadvertently killed his childhood crush's father when he touched (and subsequently made alive again) his dead mother.

4. He is awkward. I am, too.

5. He overthinks; sometimes more than I do.

6. Ned, generally, wants what's best for other people but his ways sometimes come out with different results.

But more importantly Ned is my new hero because...

Ned is awkward with hugs. 
Exhibit A: Ned's reaction to Hermann the Magician's
sudden hug--priceless.

Exhibit B: Ned's reaction to Olive's hug--same as mine.

...but is okay with holding hands.
Exhibit A: Ned willingly holds hands with Olive
to celebrate their win in the Comfort Food Cook Off

Exhibit B: Since Ned and Chuck can't hold hands, they proxy-handhold Emerson instead.

Ned is my new hero because, like me, he sees hugging as an unnecessary--thus, avoidable--social tool for expressing emotions. The only time he appears okay with hugging is when he's doing it with Chuck and even then a plastic (or a similar material) is wrapped around him.

Maybe Ned has rules for hugging, too.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may want to read my other post about Pushing Daisies:

QNBS: Pushing Daisies

No comments: