Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy Audrey Hepburn Day!

Or, The Introduction to My Twenty Year Old Self's Audrey Hepburn Movie Review Series


Five summers ago, my ever-brilliant mother observed that my siblings and I were wasting away our time watching crappy movies about teenage awkwardness or rom-coms that were of no use to us, then. So, to lead us to the right direction (read: Movies that made sense) without literally telling us to what to watch, she bought a DVD collection of Audrey Hepburn's movies.

Long story short, I watched the movies (my siblings did not) and made a review series out of it. I wasn't able to finish the DVD because my twenty-year-old self eventually craved Brad Pitt's charms and Amanda Bynes' comedic timing (and of course, Channing Tatum's baby abs) but I was able to cover the essentials, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Roman Holiday, Charade, Funny Face and so on. I liked How to Steal A Million the best mainly because of Peter O'Toole and his amazing chemistry with Audrey Hepburn.

To celebrate Audrey Hepburn's birthday today (that is, if she were alive) and to share my 20yo self's thoughts on her movies, here are the links to my Audrey Hepburn Review Series:

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

I apologize for the grammatical errors and layout mistakes I committed, then. Twenty year old me was clueless about blogging. All she wanted to do was write, write, write.

Enjoy reading! I hope you find an Audrey Hepburn movie that you like.

Long live Audrey Hepburn!

No comments: