Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Getting shorter

I realized my attention span is getting shorter as I grow older. I think, according to the very minimal knowledge I have of psychology, it should be other way around. Older = longer attention span.

How did I came to this realization of a reverse "growth" of my attention span?

1. I only view the first page of my Multiply Inbox page. Beyond that, I'm oblivious.

2. I don't even view all those posts on that page.

3. I only view the first ten or so update in my Facebook Home page. (I used to click "Older Posts" until I was able to see every new thing.)

4. I only view selected friends Profile pages to, err, save time(?). I used to check all my friends Profile pages when I feel like it (which, then, was almost always).

5. I'm taking less Facebook quizzes. Before I used to take at least three a day.

5. I stalk selected people. (I use/d Facebook because it has no "Who viewed me?" um, feature, for stalking purposes. I used to stalk every person I feel like stalking. But now, I stalk only a couple of friends. Haha)

6. My entries are getting shorter, less dramatic, less adjective-ish and is frequently bordering on the concise (meaning: they are well-thought of, and the points are numbered--such as this one--or highlighted.).

7. I rarely watch Audrey Hepburn movies, which I used to review religiously.

8. I rarely watch and review any movie/TV series.

9. I easily get tired of a song. (I used to listen to one song the whole day. But these days, I
readily click the "Next" button on my iPod--and the song hasn't even reached the 2-minute mark.)

10. I don't watch any reality show--which I used to love. (ie, Survivor, Amazing Race, etc.)

11. I don't watch TV.
12. I've stopped downloading new music. (I used to download 20-30 tracks a day--suggestions from friends and some from OSTs. Now, I haven't downloaded a thing despite having a "new" list of songs to listen to.

13. When listening to someone who's delivering a class report, it's either I doodle or have a chat with my seatmate after five minutes or so of listening (or trying to).

14. I don't get excited with the thought of Internet. (Before, my eyes used to sparkle--parang Aha! moment--at the sound of the word "Internet" now they just glimmer with wishful thinking.)

15. I don't bother to watch the Hayden Kho+Katrina Halili sex video/scandal (kahit na napanood na ng buong pamilya at kapitbahay ko) even if everyone around me is talking about it or raring (haha) to watch it.

So, I think, I'm bored and... basta. I miss Batanes. Simpleng buhay, simpleng problema.





No comments: