Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Like"

One of the many reasons that I think makes Facebook click (like Friendster did) is its "like" option. Yes that simple, unassuming and common-looking option beside the "comment." This "like" option gives Facebook users the right to..uh, react without being obliged to leave a verbal aka readable comment like "Hahaha" or an emoticon "=)" "O_o" and others. It's like showing appreciation yet being not-so pa-close.


When to use the "like" option?

1) When you completely agree or, uh, like a friend's post to a level higher than just by merely showing a nonsensical comment like "HAHA" (Aside from liking his/her post you also leave a comment)
2) When you agree but don't feel like commenting.
3) When you agree but don't have something worth saying/typing
4) When you're feeling tamad
5) When you just feel like liking
6) When you want your crush/someone you like (even non-romantically speaking) to notice that you liked their post
7) Kapag feel mo magparamdam
and...
8) When you just... like it. For some reason you cannot point out to.


My fearless (maybe hopeful) forecast is that Facebook will soon be adding the "like" option under one's profile picture. It's, I guess, for showing one's liking of another. This means, you not only like that person's posts but himself or herself :P And I guess, this will become a hit with couples, MUs or It's-Complicateds. Hahaha

So, do you "like" this post? Haha. It's okay if you don't, just don't "unlike" it HAHA

1 comment:

 I am Annie said...

Likes this. :))


Or maybe not so much. I'm tamad. Very tamad, actually. And napansin ko, as time passes by, I get more and more tamad. So when Facebook or anything else gives people a choice between being tamad or not to, more likely, they'll choose the tamad-option. I imagine that because of things like these, we (or rather the next generations) will end up like the people on Wall-E: fat and lazy and ignorant.
Don't get me wrong. I like this entry. I do. But that's because I'm tamad inside-out. :)