Friday, August 14, 2009

Where an E.coli wants to live

I was answering this one silly Facebook quiz (What species of pathogenic bacteria are you?) when I had a hard time answering or figuring out what my final answer was to the question:

What kind of environment do you like to live in?

The choices were:

A. Someplace with a ot of history

B. Someplace exotic and tropical

C. Someplace airy, with lots of space.

D. A bustling city.

E. It doesn't matter much, I'll just adapt my environment to suit me.

F. I can thrive just about anywhere.

I know this is very much obviously-related (haha, adjective mix-up?) to what kind of bacteria I'm going to be (or what I am actually) but I did had a hard time figuring what I wanted between choice C (Someplace airy with lots of space) or choice D (A bustling city).

One of the things why I love Saturdays is because of The Philippine Star's Saturday spread. Every Saturdays they have the Supreme fold which I think gathers the best witty and relatable (in other words, madaling maka-relate to) writers in town. Tara FT Sering, Paolo Lorenzana, Gino de la Paz, Pepe Diokno, Tim Yap, J Vincent Sarabia Ong (whose name btw sounds like a lawyer or even a law firm) and so on... But one of the plus factor of the Saturday ish of the Star is that it also features Home & Lifestyle. Yes, I do go over that article on some fabulous person's (or a couple's) house.

I look at the designs, the paint, the artworks, the staircases, the sofas (which I realized are my obsession, haha, I have more than three chairs/sofas in my now-inexistent Yoville apartment O_o), the wall pieces, and I even notice the vases (if the house has one), and I conceptualize... yes, this may sound dramatic, but please bear with me... my house. I want an spacious one with big windows, and blinds with modern furniture, Cobonpue chairs, a modern kitchen (although I don't cook except for breakfast, hehe).. everything. I imagine everything. Even the lawn. And lanai.

But--and this is a bit "but"--I want to live in the city. Oh, wait scratch that. Now I know. (Note: Wow, blogging is amazing. It makes you realize the things you were thinking all along.) I want to live somewhere close to the city but not in the city. Like Laguna, pershaps? Yes, I know I'm biased. I see the place where I grew up in very ideal. :D

So there, thanks to a Facebook quiz (which was entirely about something else) and this blog post, I realized, and conceptualized the first details of my dream house. Well, the location that is. :)



------------------------

Oh if you're wondering what kind of pathogenic bacteria I was, the answer: Escherichia coli. That's E.coli, dear reader. Hahaha.

Escherichia coli
Dependable, calm, helpful...you are E. coli! Ok, so you're not really that pathogenic...most of the time. But given the right circumstances, say some poorly cooked meat or just a really bad day, you can really knock some heads. Or bowels. You're very patient with people and we've learned a lot from you about how bacteria work.


2 comments:

 I am Annie said...

I agree, it is probably a bias. But, really, is there anything in this world free from each person's biases? Like, for example, I know for a fact that I will live in the Philippines the moment I graduate. This comes from my not experiencing Puerto Rico, which is also a part of me. In my mind, I have had enough of Philippines and it's high time I have some of Puerto Rico.
Oh, take me away, Jackson Rathbone. Ha ha ha.

Janelle :) said...

kasi aerobic ang E.coli kaya siguro :)

wala umeepal lang ako dito franky :D