Friday, January 13, 2012

On Joining Twitter-verse

I welcomed 2012 with optimism and well, a lot of invitations to join Twitter. My apprehensions with joining Twitter started with news about celebrities being misquoted and mis-appreciated because of their tweets. Secondly, I refused to Twitter for fear of not having enough followers. Hello, it's a social networking site that capitalizes on--if not highlights--one's ability to convince people to follow them. It's harder than Facebook because one is measured by 140-character thoughts, which have to be not too personal yet endearing, witty, interesting, funny or...well, something that will elicit enough reaction for you to get re-tweeted. Thirdly, I refuse to join Twitter because I can't think of a catchy Twitter name. How can I keep up with witty names out there in Twitter-verse? I wish my name was Simon, so my Twitter name could be: simonsays, and I'll appear like the most -ass person on the planet for using that name.

So today, I write about all the Twitter names I can use when I decide to join.

joannfdm - The most bland name I could think of. Might as well not join Twitter kung ito lang gagamitin ko.

joannfrances - I used this for my Multiply account. Can be used for purposes of parallelism, or continuity.

mamajo - My high school nickname. I didn't like it but it stuck, and everyone from my batch called me mamajo. 

maruyajunkie - I love maruya the same way a junkie loves/is attached to his drugs.

madtherung - My Game of Nerds username. 

romancandlesacrossthenight - Being a big On the Road fan, I can't help but consider an On The Road reference. I think the name's too long.

counterculture or iamcounterculture- One of my best, most appreciated moment in 2011 was when a law blockmate described me as "counterculture" and that I reminded her of Juno's "angst in a positive way". I loved being counterculture.

malcolmhaller - Since we're on the topic of law school might as well think of one. I admit malcolmhaller is kind of lame.

frankyfranks - My friends Jan and Pau will be too happy if I used this. 

sigangdominga - This will be fun to use if my close friend Alex will join Twitter as sigangsandejas.

jimdandy - It means, the best of its kind, and is the name of this blog. 

jack'ssmirkingrevenge - A reference to Fight Club although I doubt it if this username is not yet taken.

richalvarezfangirl - The name speaks for itself.

batanesmeetstandanes - This list wouldn't be complete if I didn't use something Jen Tuazon-inspired. 

ilovebenedictanderson - The name's very special. It stands for a lot of things I cherish but chose to forget. You may think you get what it means or what it refers to but believe me, you don't. I'm sure people will keep asking "who is benedict anderson?" or "why love him?" and I don't want to explain myself.

supersamplist - A cool name but highly inappropriate since I haven't used my supersampler in a looooong time. Also, once I use this, I am duty-bound to post a supersampler photo once in a while.


And there goes my list of possible Twitter names. Smart? Lame? I can do better? Tell me what you think.

No comments: