Sunday, January 17, 2010

(Do Not) Make Me A Supermodel (or Designer)

I always pride myself on being able to make the right guesses. Well, most of the time. Be it in a academic-related situation or as random as guessing who will win what reality show or simply who wins a particular sporting match. My so-called Guessing Track Record speaks for itself. I correctly predicted Fantasia Barino to win season three (or was that four) of American Idol; Amber Brkich in Survivor All-Stars, Flo and Zach in Amazing Race season four (yata); La Salle over... well, anybody else (haha) in women's volleyball... and so on.

But, in the all the wins I predicted, I grief (haha) over the one win I didn't predict is so great I had to blog about it. After watching--for countless times already--the Part 1 of Project Runway Philippines finale, I finally had the chance to watch the Part2--the juicy part. Upon seeing the collections of Manny, Santi and Russell, I hastily predicted Santi Obcena to take the "crown"--so to speak, basing on his "Warla" explanation and so-called concept of his collection. I thought watching all those episodes from Season 2 made me fashion literate, at least. But I guess not.

To be honest, I didn't like Russell's collection any bit, and my reaction towards Manny's was more of indiffence bordering on dislike. I was rooting for Santi just like Brent Javier and Sarah Meier. Yeah, I was thinking like them already. But Manny Marquez went on to win the competition--and the trip to Milan--because he showed the most "potential."



This failure of prediction, a blemish, so to speak, to my otherwise reliable Guessing Instincts just goes to show how ignorant and how un-fashionable I am. I am too visual. I lack the know-how in different techniques and styles. This is not a painful realization because I know I suck at fashion. Srsly. Though I do love watching Project Runway Philippines and Make Me A Supermodel.

But I guess, watching shows about fashion will not make me fashionable, in the same vein as watching volleyball games doesn't make a volleyball player. Good thing though being a supermodel (or fashion designer) and volleyball player is not high up in my list of Jobs That I Would Love To Have.



2 comments:

 I am Annie said...

Nahulaan ko na siya ang mananalo. Ha ha. Actually, siya talaga ang manok ko. If you watched the whole season, you would instantly see that he is the best (and that Patrick -- the favorite of so many viewers, but got eliminated twice -- is a very close second). I was disappointed by his collection, but then again, he hand-stitched everything! Magaling talaga siya.

'Yung war and love concept kasi ni Santi magulo, although he made very beautiful clothes. Si Russell, nako. Second episode pa lang gusto ko nang ma-eliminate. Leche, umabot pa sa final 3.

Ella Santiago said...

TEPPIE! finally. someone na Team Manny din! hahahaha. :))

trulala kaya na not-flattering yung clothes ni Santi! hahahaha. :))

anyway. wala lang. si Kuya Manny, para talaga syang nandun lang para pandagdag. BUT NO! sha pa nanalo! hahahaha. :)) meron siyang version sa season1 e. magaling na technician, pero hindi exactly maganda yung aesthetics. :)) wala lang ulit. hahahaha.

ok lang yan Jo Ann. don't be too hard on yourself. XD