Sunday, January 24, 2010

Saturday Soliloquy 6: Why I'm DEFINITELY loving the Saturdays of 2010

Just to update. I love Saturdays because of...

1. UAAP Women's Volleyball games. Watching these games over Studio23 (made possible by ABS-CBN Sports, Thank you guys!) almost eats up four to five hours of my Saturday afternoons. It has become an addictive habit. And here I am breaking partly another New Year resolution (Not getting addicted to another, one more series). Well, technically this is not a series but still an addiction. This is not new though for I have been watching volleyball ever since... the Desiree Hernandez and Diane Gotis days of La Salle. But I newly acquired it since the games started mid- or late 2009. So, anyway, I am still rooting for La Salle (9-0 na!)--even in that year when Alarca was unenrolled and they got suspended--this year and for the years to come! Unlike Hector the Heckler (I refuse to call him a fan) whose "monstrosity" I personally witnessed in an Adamson (the team he was rooting for) and UST women's volleyball game last January 13, 2010 at the Arena in San Juan. 


2. Chuck Season 3. The 7:30pm timeslot is just perfect because the Women's Volleyball games usually end at 6pm or so, giving me time to wash the dishes(!) which I am tasked to do on Saturdays which brings me to my next reason...

3. the "opportunity" to use the Internet all (mor)night long! This may sound mababawa but... well, you see, I belong in a big family of six, all of whom use the Internet hooked to one laptop (except for my father, who actually bought the thing haha). You get the picture? So to avoid cutting each other's throats and screaming our lungs out in reminder, "Pa-Internet naman," my brothers devised a "schedule": whoever is tasked to wash the dishes, a.k.a "the toka" (we have schedules for this too) goes to use the Internet at night, which, btw, is faster. So this translates to more/faster time to DL stuff. Hehe

4. the Saturday paper. Time and again, I've said/shared that I enjoy immensely reading the morning weekend newspaper (The Philippine Star, to be specific), and yes, this practice is so... suburbs na suburbs! I especially love the Supreme fold because they have a lot of good, young, and I may say, "budding" writers, and directors (this is where I first knew of the Pepe Diokno).

5. (to put it simply) the at-home-sa-Laguna life. You have to be here and experience it though because no words could describe the feeling I get whenever I get a whiff of the cold suburban night air (or the balmy one during the day) or whenever I wake up in the same bed I grew up sleeping in or whenever I see the food (usually breakfast, because I usually do the laying out part for lunch and dinner) prepared and laid out before me...


and a lot of other intangible, incomprehensible, unnoticeable, un-point-able reasons. I love Saturdays.

No comments: