Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Failure on a Wednesday

After having a nice afternoon merienda/dinner with Janjan and Pau in MoMo at Eastwood, and almost two hours in public transpo trying to get home after buying the last copy (which was a little dirty) of Bernas' Consti 1 book in Recto (from Morayta I had to go to Sm North and take a taxi back to VLuna?! My public transpo skills are failing me. :/) I check my email and find out about the bad news. 

Ye-ahhh. (a la Barney)

In a nutshell (hahaha someone said this to me sarcastically a couple of days ago and I couldn't remember who! Is my memory is failing me as well? :/), after a series of tests, interviews and filling out a couple personal employee data sheets, I was turned down by the first company I ever applied for. Epic fail :/

But I couldn't say it entirely surprised me. I knew right after the interview that I wouldn't make it. Judging by the time the whole final interview took (which was surprisingly under twenty minutes), and how the interviewers kept reiterating the fact that law school was going to interfere with the supposed work schedule. 

But still... when something is told to you in black and white, although you see it coming, you still feel bad about it. I guess it has something to do with, in my case, failing at something--and then having that failure rubbed in my face by someone/something. Because no matter how hard I deny it, I am competitive. I like winning, and I give my best effort to get that victory. And in cases that I don't, it bums me. 

Ohwell. 

To be positive about it, at least I won't be put into a position where I will or might compromise my law studies, which is the most important thing to me right now. I guess I have to wait for that RTC gig (the most suitable job for me)--whenever that may be. :)

At least this didn't happen on a Saturday. Seeing Janjan and Pau--who had the juicest story of the day haha--almost made up for today's semi-epic fail. 


.


No comments: