Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where the other half is, I don't know.

You know why I love music?

Music not only gives life to life; it elicits/provokes thoughts and expressions that are otherwise forgotten or ignored. That's one of the many reasons why I love it. Tonight, I write about John Mayer's recent single--well, the most recent one I know of.

The thing with John Mayer is this: I always remember him as the guy who sang No Such Thing, the song my crush, when that person wasn't my crush yet, sang in class that one time when we were all asked to sing whatever song we wanted. (fyi: I sang Sara Bareilles' One Sweet Love. haha) That became such an epic moment for me. It's like one of those seemingly simple and uneventful moments in your life that stick to your mind, to your memory, like glue. Unforgettable, defining. And for that, I'll never forget Mr. Mayer.

Tonight, after seeing and listening to Mayer's new video, the link to which was posted by a friend on Facebook, Half of my Heart, my mind went "Aha!" It's like John Mayer (and his co-writer/s, if he ever has one) wrote that song with my mind in mind. Yeah, it was that accurate.

Anyway. I refuse to go on further with this, because honestly I'd prefer to keep this locked up in my own Pandora's box of what-could-bes and what-might-have-beens. But like any other sentimental person, it's fun and... I don't know, relieving to let yourself get nostalgic once in awhile... to remind myself--and write about it--of this too blissful moment in my short twenty-year life. A legendary moment. ;)

Half of my heart's got a grip on the situation.
Half of my heart takes time
Half of my heart's got a right mind...
Half of my heart's got a good imagination, 
Half of my heart's got you.


And half of my heart is the part of a man
who's never truly loved anything. 


Then you come on crashing in like the realest thing. 


.

2 comments:

Janelle :) said...

:> :> :> 18.

Jo Ann said...

You have time to stalk rin :D

18 indeed.