Tuesday, May 7, 2013

QNBS: What Would Ryan Lochte Do?

I started the Quest for the Next Best Series to find a replacement for Chuck. Ten TV shows and eleven reviews later, I decided to watch Once Upon A Time. But having the opportunity to criticize anything in a justified manner is so addicting that I have decided to continue my QNBS. I will not rename it because I don't have enough creativity to think of a new one.

I will adopt the original QNBS method for judging a show. 1. A friend recommends a TV show or I see an interesting review, or hear a sarcastic rant about it in the Internet. 2. I watch two episodes. 3. Write down what I think, Pros-Cons style.

I will add a one-liner (or maybe more) at the end of each QNBS review called The Verdict, which will serve as my verdict, my opinion, on whether you should or shouldn't watch the show.

Many series exist in TV world but today I will write about What Would Ryan Lochte Do?

Plot from Pilot: We follow the life of Olympic gold medalist swimmer Ryan Lochte as he trains with his coach, bonds with family, parties with friends and tries to find the love of his life.

E!'s newest reality show

I learned of Ryan Lochte not when he won his Olympic medals but only this summer when my blockmate (the same person who suggested Sherlock and tries to get me to try Doctor Who) tweeted that she is watching this show on mute. Ha.


PROS:

1. The reality TV show charm. Not all reality TV shows work but when they do, it's magic.



2. Ryan Lochte. He has gorgeous body but it is his smile (and dimples) that I like best. Also, he's surprisingly funny in a Is-He-Stoned kind of way.

Lochte showing off his shoes.


3. The show averages around 20 to 25 minutes per episode. Well within my attention span.



CONS:

1. Lochte is not the brightest diamond in the rough. When he was asked, What is the Ryan Lochte edge, he answered, "I honestly have no idea." He also has this habit of stopping mid-sentence and asking aloud, What was I talking about?



2. The show is pointless. I don't expect character growth for Lochte. I don't expect the show to go past 3 seasons. I think the show will end once the thrill of his Olympic victories wear off.


THE VERDICT: If you want to waste time but don't want to think will doing so, go watch this show. It has its funny moments. Jeah!

JEAH!


You may want to check out other QNBS reviews:

Smash
Pushing Daisies 
Spartacus: Blood and Sand 
Freaks and Geeks 
Once Upon A Time 
Game of Thrones 2 
Sherlock 
Suits 
Game of Thrones 1 
IT Crowd 
Rizzoli and Isles 
Awkward 
New Girl 
Outsourced 


No comments: