Saturday, February 2, 2008

Perception, prosperity and power

In Paul's letter to the Colossians:

"All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing, just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and understood God's grace in all its truth . . . And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have a great endurance and patience,"

Colossians 1: 16, 10-11



The Message:
Paul prays for the Colossians, and for Christians in general, to have Perception, Prosperity and Power. Perception to know God's will, general and specific, in/for our lives through the Word of God, the Bible. Read the Bible, everyone, and find out what God's plan is for you. Prosperity in our walk and work in Christ. In this coming year, we should all work hard and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit to tell others about Christ, for we are his ambassadors (2 Corinthians 5:20), and live according to His will. Power for the believers in living and glorifying the Lord. Power to help us overcome the various challenges, spiritual or otherwise, we may face in the coming year.
Overall, Paul prays for Christians to endure all the challenges and enjoy the promises God has for everyone who believes in Him.
Endure and enjoy, 2008.




--As I was looking through my youth fellowships lessons and bible study notes we had, I noticed the only pastoral message I wrote down. I remember loving and liking this message. This was Pastor Oly's New Year's message. And knowing that I wasn't the best Christian out there, nor am I the best Christian I could be.
I remember promising myself that if I ever considered having a new year's resolution, this would be it. To be the best Christian I could be, in words, thoughts, actions, feelings.



No comments: