Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Malice in Wonderland featuring Dorian Gray

As promised, here is my blog entry on I-hope-you-don't-know-who.

Trivia/Pop quiz: What do Lewis Carroll and Oscar Wilde have in common? Um, to those literature freaks or avid "classic" book reader, maybe you know. But if you don't, Google it. (Haha, I should be paid by Google for advertising.)

I don't mean to ridicule Oscar Wilde's (nor Lewis Carroll's)

famous novel but here is my take/description on Dorian Gray:

- Before we start, the name is pronounce with a silent 'r' (like how you pronounce 't' in buffet).

- He has a fake British accent.

- He is gay, and so proud of it that he out-ed himself in our class using Young Charmides. (using PINK paper as handout at that!) -This description is supposed to come at the latter part of the list but I just can't keep myself from saying, or rather, typing it.

- He loves wearing tight shirts, cargo pants and sneakers with either a big backpack or equally big body bag.

- He is a Labor (pronounced the Filipino way) baby. He knows of flying buttresses and has done a play. (Gets?)

- He wanted his character to hit on Oedipus (or the reallife counterpart, I am not sure), in our play.

- He makes great scripts with absurd ideas and wisecrack (and I say offending) jokes.

- And, he comes in always late and . . . sweaty. (Elaine this one is for you!)

Okay, by now, you may know that this is not the real Dorian Gray as in the novel. This is the, um, contemporary version. (haha, pun and inside joke rolled into one.)

If you still don't know the answer to the pop quiz above, I'll tell you personally or, um, PM me. The matter is too delicate to discuss. (haha)

I hope, for CAS people, you won't realize who this is, because if you do, I'm in big trouble.

______________________________________

Don't get me wrong here. We (Elaine and I) love him that it hurts. Actually si Elaine lang. Blogging about him is actually her idea. Everywhere we go/turn we see something that can be attributed to/has something to do with him, from book titles to movie titles to Mr. Bean. And to commemorate his profound (!) effect on our lives, we named Tuesdays as "____ (his name here) Day" (for Elaine) and "Gay Awareness Day" for me. He is surely one colorful, ehem, manly gay man.

No comments: